|March 3, 2005||Posted by Secretary under Remedies||
- 1oz Tincture Gentian Compound
- 1oz Liquid Barkola Compound
- 1oz Syrup of Rhubarb
- 5oz syrup of Ginger
Mix all the above ingredients together thoroughly
- ½ pint Cod Liver Oil
- ½ pint Lime Water
- 1oz Glycerin
- ½ oz of Essence of Almondo
- 1d Hypophosphates of Soda
- 1d Hypophosphates of Lime
- 1 small tin of Nestles Milk
- 1 Fresh Egg
- Dissolve the Hypophosphates of Soda and Lime in the Lime Water.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Drink the emulsion (no you don’t paint it on) morning and night until discomfort eases.
* Just one more thing, yes another slight hitch: The trouble with recipe number 1 is, he doesn’t say if you drink it or rub it on! So is it a Rub or is it a medicine? It’s up to you lads, but judging from the ingredients, whatever way you decide to take it -“bottoms up”.*
* Northumbria Smallholders Association accepts no responsibility to anyone who follows these remedies, they are meant to show the things that people used in the past*